The purpose of Christian Men & Women’s Job Corps of Gillespie County (CMJC/CWJC) is to provide a Christian context in which men & women in need are equipped for life and employment with a mission context where men are helping men and women are helping women.
In 2015, founders Danny McQuay & Tammy Keener recruited a core group of Christian business men and women who desired to offer a hand-up to those who were searching for positive direction and/or were bogged-down by life circumstances.
Danny & Tammy learned about Christian Job Corps® by visiting established units in Kerrville and Boerne and Danny received level 1 certification training to bring a men & women’s units to Gillespie County with an anticipated opening of 2016.
We are soliciting seed money to begin the local organization and are currently identifying a space to use.
• CJC helps unlock the future for adults who need to meet their educational and vocational goals as they move from dependency on others to God's sufficiency by learning job and life skills.
• CJC uses the Jobs for Life® curriculum in addition to our own material. The Job and Life Skills Training Programs are tailored for each person's needs. Same gender mentors help equip and encourage the client through his or her personal action plan.
• CJC maintains certification from the national CWJC/CMJC organization. How can you help the CMJC & CWJC of Gillespie County?
• We will need volunteers and mentors!!!! A seasoned cadre of volunteers provides clients with training essential for seeking and sustaining successful employment today, and for the future. Clients receive encouragement, guidance, and prayer throughout their journey.
• CJC selects and screens all instructors, mentors, and volunteers; operates according to policies and procedures; measures its success and opportunities through evaluations; holds clients and mentors accountable to each other; networks for referrals, potential employers, internship opportunities, and vocational and degree granting institutions.
CMJC & CWJC Programs offers to our clients:
• Are free to participants.
• Require an application and interview.
• Network with employers for you, but do not guarantee employment.
• Include a free meal each meeting of class.
• Require regular attendance just like your employer will.
• Include graduation and certificate
The Internal Revenue Service has approved the CMJC & CWJC of Gillespie County as a Public Charity and granted Federal Income Tax Exempt status as of April 13, 2015. We are qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers, or gifts.
We are set up with a bank account for contributions anticipate to have Pay Pal function at: http://www.cjcgc.org
The members and officers of this board of directors are:
Tim Dahlstrom, PresidentTammy Keener, Vice-PresidentCarrie Wikander, SecretaryPatricia BosquezBud ParrishLinda DavisRobert DemingPlease Contact Danny McQuay the CMJC & CWJC Executive Director for more information at 210-393-6793